Willkommen bei den RC-Car Görlitz e.V.
X

m," Hill said. Fiers was fined by Major League Ba

#1 von miaowang123 , 24.04.2019 05:25

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- The hope of an all-Williams final at the Dubai Championships ended on the racket of Frenchwoman Alize Cornet on Friday. The 26th-ranked Cornet scored her first career victory over a No. 1 player when she upset Serena Williams 6-4, 6-4. "Im so excited," Cornet said, smiling broadly. "I didnt expect that definitely, and Im really, really happy and proud of myself. "Shes one -- or maybe -- the biggest champion of history, and, wow, just thinking that I beat her today." Earlier in the day, Venus Williams earned her spot in the final when she dominated eighth-seeded Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark 6-3, 6-2. Serena Williams, playing in her first tournament since losing in the Australian Open fourth round, offered no excuses. She said her back, which had been hurting in recent weeks, was fine. "Im a wee bit embarrassed," said Williams, who started laughing. "She played really well. I just didnt play today. "I tried, though. I dont think I have made that many errors in a match in I think at least three years, maybe four years." Williams gave herself a failing grade for being unable to find a winning formula for the match: "I think out of a 10, I was at like a negative 283." Cornet won the first set when Williams flinched while serving in the ninth game. Cornet, who reached the Paris Indoors semifinal earlier this month, took advantage of her one-set point in the 10th game with a winning backhand down the line. The Frenchwoman then jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead in the second set, but Williams rebounded. Cornet broke Williams serve again in the seventh game with a winning forehand down the line. Williams fought off four match points on her own serve in the ninth game, but Cornet served out the match at love. "I know her, and I know she feels the moment when she has to put more into making the opponent feel that shes still here," Cornet said. "But I did it, too. I showed her that I would be there till the end. "So when she was screaming louder, I was screaming louder. She was hitting harder, I was hitting harder." In contrast to her sister, the 44th-ranked Venus Williams has been playing top level tennis all week long in Dubai. A former two-time Dubai champion in 2009 and 2010, Williams currently holds a 14-match winning streak at the tournament. She didnt play in this event between 2011 and 2013. "I feel like Ive just gotten so much better since my first round to now, just feeling comfortable on the court, feeling comfortable when Im behind, feeling comfortable when Im in the lead," Williams said. Williams, who lost the Auckland final to Ana Ivanovic last month, lost an early 2-0 lead in the first set. But from 2-2, Williams always held the lead in the match. Williams failed to serve out the first set at 5-2, surrendering that eighth game at love. Wozniacki, however, surrendered her serve -- and the first set -- on a second set point in the next game Williams broke Wozniackis serve at 15-40 with a textbook backhand volley for a 2-0 lead in the second set. She broke serve again in the eighth game for the win. "I didnt really feel like I could go out and play what I wanted to play," said Wozniacki, who won the Dubai trophy in 2011. "Once I got going, she started to play better as well. It was kind of uphill today." Venus Williams holds a 3-0 lead in matches played against Cornet. Austin Seferian-Jenkins Jersey .C. - NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick headlines this years electees into the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame. Brandon Linder Jersey . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs Friday at 8 p.m. ET on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. http://www.thejaguarsfansshop.com/Jaguars-Barry-Church-Draft-Jersey/ .ca. The NHL Play of the Year showdown kicks off with some slick moves going head-to-head with a combination of soft hands and endless patience. Corey Grant Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Cam Robinson Jersey . Head coach Randy Carlyle confirmed the news after the Leafs morning skate on Monday. Kozun was hurt during Friday nights home game against the Red Wings and did not make the return trip to Detroit for Saturdays game.NEW YORK -- Injured Miami Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton wont play again in the majors this season because of last weeks beaning. Stanton was hit in the face by a fastball from Milwaukees Mike Fiers last Thursday. Stanton sustained facial fractures, dental damages, cuts that required stitches and two black eyes. Marlins president of baseball operations Mike Hill said Stanton also had concussion symptoms but has been given neurological clearance. "Its the whole healing process, the healing of the bones and the swelling," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said before Wednesdays game against the New York Mets. "Theres just not enough time for it to properly heal, and for him to get medically cleared to be able to play." Miami opens a seven-game homestand Thursday, then closes the season at Washington from Sept. 26-28. "As much as we all would have loved to have him back, we knew that it just ran out of schedule," Hill said. Stanton had said he hoped to play again this year and on Tuesday posted a photograph that showed a marked improvement from last week. Hill said dental procedures are "the bulk of the work that is remaining." "He told me he can open his mouth 60 per cent now," Hill said. "The slices in the food that he has to cut, theyre in halves now. They were in quarters a few days ago." The 24-year-old is a top candidate for thee NL MVP award.ddddddddddddHis 37 home runs still are the most in the NL, and he was leading the majors with 105 RBIs when he was hurt. Hill said Stanton might be able to get some at-bats in at the instructional league in Florida, which runs through the first week of October. Stanton could wear a protective flap on his helmet, similar to the one Atlantas Jason Heyward has used since he was hit in the face by a pitch from the New York Mets Jonathon Niese on Aug. 21 last year. "Thats probably for down the road," Redmond said. "I would definitely say he would probably try that." Stanton is earning $10.35 million this year and is eligible for free agency after the 2016 season. "Were hopeful that the season will end, hell be named MVP of the league, and well get back into our off-season preparation and, hopefully, our long-term discussion with him," Hill said. Fiers was fined by Major League Baseball for actions that contributed to benches clearing. Marlins pitcher Anthony Desclafani hit Carlos Gomez with a pitch in the following inning and was suspended for three games and fined by MLB. The players association appealed the suspension, and Hill said a hearing is scheduled for Friday. "Hopefully theyll get the video and see that he wasnt trying to hit anybody," Hill said. "Gomez was hanging out over the plate a little bit." Blackhawks Jerseys Store Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Penguins Jerseys Store Capitals Jerseys For Sale Blues Jerseys Store Cheap Kings Jerseys Adidas Lightning Jerseys Stars Jerseys For Sale Cheap Predators Jerseys Ducks Store Sharks Jerseys For Sale Cheap Sabres Jerseys Rangers Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

miaowang123  
miaowang123

St. Francis Xavier wide receiver Devon Bailey TSN Di
acific Nations Cup clash against the United St

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz